Need to Slow Down a Bit in Your Sometimes Crazy Life? Here Are 5 Action Items to Take Today! (Psalm 12)
Have you found yourself repeating lately: I’m so overwhelmed. This is all too much. I’m at my breaking point.
Now these things may indeed be TRUE - but you surely don't want to continue to energize these energy draining thoughts.
Learn to recognize them as indicators that you may need to press in a bit more to the Lord or practice self-care or get back to a routine of sorts. You may need to establish firmer boundaries or say no to tasks that usually you might say yes to.
In addition to rejecting life-sucking thoughts, try this recipe for slowing down:
1. Pray! Invite the Lord to guide you daily.
2. Read His Word. Be inspired by how gently and sweetly He speaks to you and encourages your heart.
3. Expect Your Father to demonstrate His faithfulness and kindness to you today. Be on the look out for it!
4. Gve thanks. Praise him and express gratitude for His amazing love and provisions in your life.
5. And if all else fails, whisper "Help, Lord" to Him. These 2 words are, as one commentator said, "a kind of angel's sword, to be turned every way, and to be used on all occasions."
God hears you, Brain Changer!
Start living your best thought life today and see what a difference it can make!
All content © Victoria D. Walker, 2013-2022.
All rights reserved. Copyright ©VictoriaD.Walker, 2013-present. Material from choose2think.co may not be copied, reproduced, or distributed in any way without consent. Scripture quotations, unless otherwise noted, taken from the New American Standard Bible, Copyright 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation. Use by permission. (www.Lockman.org). Bragging rights for stock photos go to UnSplash, Pexels, Pixabay, and Canva. The information contained on this website is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as health or medical advice. Always consult a physician or other qualified health provider regarding any questions you may have about a medical condition or health objectives. Your information is safe with us. If you opt in to our newsletter or provide personal information such as name and email, this information is never sold. *As an Amazon Associate I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.