In an attempt not to let Covid become the center of my attention or impact my mindset and attitudes these days, I've been practicing what I call a MINDSET SWITCH.
There was a day not too long ago when I found myself wearing the dratted "COVID CLOAK" -- Let's just say this cloak is heavy and quite uncomfortable. It really doesn't fit me well at all.
With God's help, I became determined to exchange this clunky Covid Cloak (or mindset) for a garment of PRAISE, THANKSGIVING, and REJOICING!
It's a relatively simple strategy I can employ when I feel overwhelmed or aggravated with all things Covid. It's not just mind-over-matter or positive thinking, but rather it's a practical, God-honoring approach that you and I both can take during these trying times!
I started asking myself a series of questions that propelled me into a higher gear and fueled my purpose and calling. I've found renewed energy and joy--even during this season of Covid--and you can, too!
These are the 18 QUESTIONS I ask myself regularly AND have used for a few journal prompts:
STAYING CONNECTED & SERVING OTHERS
1. How can I better stay connected these days? Can I write notes, text more, call more?
2. Can I meet a friend for a walk in the park?
3. Can I arrange a zoom video call or do facetime calls to see those I love most?
4. Who needs my help? How can I serve?
5. Are there neighbors I can shop for or help in their yard or provide a meal?
6. Can I start a weekly support group of friends to walk through this time together?
PERSONAL GROWTH & SPIRITUAL DEVELOPMENT
1. What am I learning about myself?
2. Am I becoming more resilient and stronger in my faith? How so?
3. What can I do to exercise and grow my mind?
4. Can I explore exactly why God tells me not to fear? Or give way to worry? What is all that about?
5. Am I plowing forward with my God-given purpose and calling, fully enjoying my identity in Christ?
6. Is now a time for me to pray more? Since I’m not driving as much, can I carve out more time in my day to be alone with God?
All content © Victoria D. Walker, 2013-2022.
All rights reserved. Copyright ©VictoriaD.Walker, 2013-present. Material from choose2think.co may not be copied, reproduced, or distributed in any way without consent. Scripture quotations, unless otherwise noted, taken from the New American Standard Bible, Copyright 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation. Use by permission. (www.Lockman.org). Bragging rights for stock photos go to UnSplash, Pexels, Pixabay, and Canva. The information contained on this website is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as health or medical advice. Always consult a physician or other qualified health provider regarding any questions you may have about a medical condition or health objectives. Your information is safe with us. If you opt in to our newsletter or provide personal information such as name and email, this information is never sold. *As an Amazon Associate I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.