In an attempt not to let Covid become the center of my attention or impact my mindset and attitudes these days, I've been practicing what I call a MINDSET SWITCH.
There was a day not too long ago when I found myself wearing the dratted "COVID CLOAK" -- Let's just say this cloak is heavy and quite uncomfortable. It really doesn't fit me well at all.
With God's help, I became determined to exchange this clunky Covid Cloak (or mindset) for a garment of PRAISE, THANKSGIVING, and REJOICING!
It's a relatively simple strategy I can employ when I feel overwhelmed or aggravated with all things Covid. It's not just mind-over-matter or positive thinking, but rather it's a practical, God-honoring approach that you and I both can take during these trying times!
I started asking myself a series of questions that propelled me into a higher gear and fueled my purpose and calling. I've found renewed energy and joy--even during this season of Covid--and you can, too!
These are the 18 QUESTIONS I ask myself regularly AND have used for a few journal prompts:
STAYING CONNECTED & SERVING OTHERS
1. How can I better stay connected these days? Can I write notes, text more, call more?
2. Can I meet a friend for a walk in the park?
3. Can I arrange a zoom video call or do facetime calls to see those I love most?
4. Who needs my help? How can I serve?
5. Are there neighbors I can shop for or help in their yard or provide a meal?
6. Can I start a weekly support group of friends to walk through this time together?
PERSONAL GROWTH & SPIRITUAL DEVELOPMENT
1. What am I learning about myself?
2. Am I becoming more resilient and stronger in my faith? How so?
3. What can I do to exercise and grow my mind?
4. Can I explore exactly why God tells me not to fear? Or give way to worry? What is all that about?
5. Am I plowing forward with my God-given purpose and calling, fully enjoying my identity in Christ?
6. Is now a time for me to pray more? Since I’m not driving as much, can I carve out more time in my day to be alone with God?
Copyright ©Choose 2 Think™ 2013-present. All rights reserved.
Choose 2 Think™ is owned and operated by Victoria Lydon with Wings of Dawn Ministries, LLC. and is solely for educational and informational and is not intended as health or medical advice. Always consult a physician or other qualified health provider regarding any questions you may have about any medical condition or health objective. *As an Amazon Associate I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you.